A sports massage helps loosen up the connective tissue within the body i.e. skin, muscles and ligaments. It’s a great way of rebalancing and correcting problems that have been caused through physical activity or trauma. People that do get involved in sport find this type of sports massage particularly beneficial just before or after exercise. If you are recovering from an injury or merely want to give your body a treat after a workout in the gym or a hard day at work, a sports massage can help.
Because no two clients are the same, your masseur will discuss the objectives of the sports massage with you before commencing. You may have particular pain in areas of the body or could even be in training for a specific event.
The benefits of a sports massage are many, including:
- Release of muscular tension
- Accelerating recovery after injury
- Improvement of body posture
- Increase in muscle flexibility
- Relief of back pain, sciatica and general muscle aches
- Encouragement of mental and physical relaxation
- Boosting energy levels
- Stimulating mental alertness
- Aiding a positive attitude
If you have suffered an injury, whether playing sport or not, this is an excellent type of massage that can help boost your rehabilitation programme.